I’m still working on things, but not as a primary activity. I just have too much going on right now:
- Just sold my house, so I have to pack it up.
- We’re putting an offer on a new house. And also looking for other leads in case that one doesn’t work out.
- I’m taking an online course on curriculum development to not only improve my curriculum, but also to move over on the salary schedule, which will raise my income quite a bit.
- Still a husband and father.
- Still a high school teacher.
So something had to give, and on balance, it’s leisure activities. Because I’m still writing SFF reviews of F&SF Magazine for SFF Reviews, reading and writing reviews comes first. Since writing is still not my day job, it has to get lumped in with leisure. I’m still working on it, but it’s the last thing I can do in a day, pretty much–I have to spend time first on the packing and raising a kid and prepping for classes.
That said, I’m making headway on the next WIP, and noodling with the prewrite on Seeking Home. I’ve taken a short break from that project so I can figure out how to drastically restructure it. I know what I need to do, but not really how to make it work.
Life goes on.